cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebI - pdf creation failed with RWI 00236 Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

One of our webI report is giving folllowing error when refreshed.

BOXI2: Failed to create PDF, Reason: The Web Intelligence server could not be reached. Contact your Business Objects administrator. (Error: RWI 00236) EX1:FatalException occured. The cause was : BusinessObjects.Enterprise.OcaFramework.Oca.oca_abuse: IDL:img.seagatesoftware.com/OCA/oca_abuse:3.2 at BusinessObjects.Enterprise.OcaFramework.ManagedService.invoke(MethodInfo method, Object[] args, IDictionary context)

This error only comes when a particular combination of values are entered through prompts. e.g. for rep A and date B the problem exists where as for rep A and date other than B, this error doesnt come.

During testing, this error did not appeared even for rep A and date B combination a couple of time. It has been more than a week I am doing analysis on this.

Please help me to find out the reason for fixing the issue. Please let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you applying wrap text on the column. we faced the similar issue and we are not able to save report in the pdf format.

our issue was resolved by removing wrap text.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for your reply. We are not using any wrap text in the report. The report is failing for a particular combination only. It works fine for other combinations.

Is is something related to the data? But the same combination of input prompts worked fine while testing for a couple of time but gave error after wards.

I believe that it can be a admin. related issue.

Any suggestion on this will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you able to save report in the excel. if not then go through by SAP note 1400498 and 1184523,1369426.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks again for your reply. I may sound silly but as I am new to this community, Can you please let me know how to check the SAP notes.

Is the below is the link to visit the same.

http://service.sap.com/notes

if yes, user name and password would be the the one which is provided by SAP to my client ?

Thanks in advance.

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can access sap note only if anyone have purchased the licence for sap support.check with your company.

http://service.sap.com/

go to and login on above url and click on help and support tab and search for sap note.or you can raise a request from there for sap support.

if you are getting the issue in saving in the excel also and your BOE version is less then fixpack 5.8 then install this fix pack and see.

As per the sap this issue is known and fixed in this fix pack.

Thanks,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Amit,

One more quick question. Can this issue happen due to a data issue. I mean a field having a NULL value or something like that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sai

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not very sure why this happened as earlier said our issue was the similar like your we are not able to save report in the pdf. SO we investigated and found two reason.

1) in the particular column for specific value like " sbdneujdnd" (Space and value in the column) we were not able to save report in the pdf and wrap text is checked for this column.If we exclude this value from the report i am able to save report in the pdf.

2) we have unchecked the wrap text and with this value is in the column and we can save this report in the pdf.

We have raised this case with SAP Support.I will let you know once SAP get back to us.

Thanks,

Amit

Answers (0)