Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data transfer processes and info packages in new client

former_member698542
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have created new client from the development client.

The Info cubes and update rules are available in new client, bu the data transfer processes and info packages are not moved to the new client.

What is the actual sequence of steps to be followed when new client created from development client. Have I missed some sequence or steps. What are the sequence of steps to be followed when created a new client.

Kindly suggest to resolve this issue.

thanks and regards

Murugesan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The info packages and DTPs have to be created seperately in each client.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have never seen clients created on the BI system. As such all the objects in the BI system are client independent as well as the data stored in the tables does not have the mandt field. Hence you cannot distinguish different clients in the BI system. Also if you notice all the request in BI are workbench request and not customizing requests.

I do not think this is a viable solution. Maybe you can contact SAP.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/b7/8a9a3aaf894871e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/a9/bb963a570b4b5de10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Regards,

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

u can follow any of the options:

if u want to create new IP & DTP on each client then u can do this there is no issue.

Also if u want to transport these components thru request then also u can do this. but every time u change the property of IP or DTP u need to transport it every time.

thanks

neha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either transport the changes to the new client or you can create them in the new client.

If you want to transport the DTP's and InfoPackages just activate them and lock them in a transport req.

There is no seq which meeds to be followed, just make sure that the target and the source are already there :-).

Regards,

Rahul