cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Services reliable messaging is not supported in SAP AS 7.0?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 7.1 documentation, I find that one enables a webservice for reliable messaging by writing @RelMessagingNW05DTOperation annotation.

However I'm shocked to find that in 7.0 documentation, it only talks about some PL/SQL like code (LUW) that one has to implement to have reliable messaging (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/46/9743916d1115ece10000000a114a6b/frameset.htm). As I'm not familiar with LUW, can you confirm that the developer himself has to handle creating sequences, reordering them and guaranteeing exactly once delivery? And the LUW code shown in the link, does it do all this?

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Someone please reply. I'm clueless. Are they saying the webservices reliable messaging has already been implemented using ABAP LUW and is available in the workbench? If so how to use it ito create a reliable webservice? Why are they showing some PL/SQL like code then? It is all unintelligible to me as I haven't used any of these.

Edited by: convicted on May 11, 2011 10:59 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I figured out that ws-rm has been downported to 7.0 SP13. The help topic link I mentioned in my first post is for 7.0 EHP2. So why does it talk about ws-rm, and what is all the LUW stuff it is referring to?