Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain Installation

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one doubt about domain installation.

If my server is in under domain, can I perform the local installation? or I have to do domain Installation?

Thanks

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can perform a local installation, however domain installation is always recommended.

Regards,

Vishnu.

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP is recommended domain installation the following situations only.

1. You install a distributed system (strongly recommended to avoid authorization problems).

2. You want to use Single Sign-On.

3. You use a common transport host for several SAP systems running on different computers.

But I am going to install all instances in one server. In this situation which ( Domain or Local) installation is better ?

Thanks

Siva

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would advice you to use Domain installation, in as far as the installation is concerned its just one and the same thing but domain installation is easier on administration.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva!

I agree with Partson, that it is easier to administrate if you perform a domain installation; e.g. I detected a lot of problems when defining the transport directory among DEV, QAS, PRD environments...

It is logical, as domain users share the same UID (User ID) among the domain, while it is different even if they have the same name in case you use local users (so, different users even though they have the same name). Usually this could be solved as it is explained in note 117395, but it is not always easy... and as soon as you change a password in one of the environments, you need to manually adjust all them to avoid everything begin failing...

Even if you need to apply for the users to be created to a different department, it is worthy!

Cheers!! -Jesú

former_member189546
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

For a cluster install only domain installation is supported.

Domain is also easier to support with centralised active directory etc

If you want to change later also difficult only supported way of changing domain is a homogenous system copy

note 1233320

regards,

John Feely