cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cost object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I know cost center, wbs, internal order are cost object.

May I know copa, sales order also cost object? why?

thanks

Moderator: Please, avoid asking basic questions

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cost object is nothing but a cost or revenue collector in SAP.

Every P&L posting must be assigned to a Cost Object. Examples of Cost Object includes Cost Center, Internal Order, WBS element, Sales Order, Production order. Cost Object is the key concept in SAP Controlling.

Ultimately our goal is to know the income or expenses that we have incurred for some particular project (WBS element) / department (Cost center)/ internal oredr (Eg. telephone), sale order or profit segement.

Hence Sale order is also one object that would give us the saleorderwise incomes and expenses charged.

Similarly COPA, as we give the profit segment as the cost object we can treat this as cost object.

Thanks,

Shilpa.

Edited by: ashilpa54 on May 11, 2011 6:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

1 Can I say with the use of cost collectors, we can know each individual cost collector income and expenses? if without cost collector, difficult to tell as in the end all settled to COPA. correct?

2 Then what about those entry which directly hit COPA?

Thanks

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The transactions in COPA will come in two ways

1. Through SD / MM (We link the SD condition types to COPA value fields)

2. Through the FI direct postings (We use PA transfer structues and link the GL accounts to value fields)

In both the case we get the transactions into COPA only when the cost object is mentioned.

In case of SD, we will give the profit segment in the account assignment.

Incase of direct postings to hit COPA we have to mandatorily give the cost object as Profit segment.

Hence the cost object in COPA is the profit segment.

Regards,

Shilpa.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shilpa,

to clarify your sentence.

"In case of SD, we will give the profit segment in the account assignment" - what you mean this? if via condition type, then it is ke4i. i do not see any gl account or profit segment mentioned but only value field.

thanks