cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applying dynamic recipient personalization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you please help me with understanding why am I not getting the right output.

I have made the issue simple by having two simple files.

Source doc (in crystal) - contains 5 pages, one for each employee so 5 employees in total

Dynamic recipient list (in crystal) - contains 8 records for each employee so 8 employees in total. of which 5 of the 8 employees should match the source document. The dynamic recipient list contains the logics delivery email address, deriving filename of the email attachment etc.

In the publication, I used the ID to do personalisation etc as usual and I selected in Delivery rules ' deliver only if report contains data'

what I expected from the publication is 5 emails, one for each employee from the source doc, and the rest 3 employees should not have emails since these 3 employees don't exist in the source document, they only exist in dynamic recipient list.

however, I get 8 emails. 5 with data as expcected, and 3 are just blank templates. I thought the 'deliver only if report contains data' option should cater for what I want?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using Filters. It worked before but now it doesn't work. I just gives me the same number of results in the recipient list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you activated "Supress printing if no records" in crystal reports under File->Report Options ?

Don't know if this will make the difference but at least it worth trying.

Regards,

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rona,

are you using filters or parameters to personalize (= "split") the source report for each recipient? I think we had (or still having) the same issue when using filters and having recipients that will not get any data.

Using parameters in personalization is working fine. Of cause, this has a big impact on runtime as we need to do a lot of DB fetches.

Regards

Thorsten