Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Applying dynamic recipient personalization

Hi

Can you please help me with understanding why am I not getting the right output.

I have made the issue simple by having two simple files.

Source doc (in crystal) - contains 5 pages, one for each employee so 5 employees in total

Dynamic recipient list (in crystal) - contains 8 records for each employee so 8 employees in total. of which 5 of the 8 employees should match the source document. The dynamic recipient list contains the logics delivery email address, deriving filename of the email attachment etc.

In the publication, I used the ID to do personalisation etc as usual and I selected in Delivery rules ' deliver only if report contains data'

what I expected from the publication is 5 emails, one for each employee from the source doc, and the rest 3 employees should not have emails since these 3 employees don't exist in the source document, they only exist in dynamic recipient list.

however, I get 8 emails. 5 with data as expcected, and 3 are just blank templates. I thought the 'deliver only if report contains data' option should cater for what I want?

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question