cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Business One Fixed Assets - numbering masterdata

Former Member
0 Kudos

I set up new number groups in Administration/Setup/Fixed Assets/Numbering-masterdata to corelate to my asset class groups and have since posted assets into the module but now want to add more numbering groups, however, I am being met with warning notices "324: Number specified overlaps with an existing range" and "316: Last number in range must be larger than first"

Any ideas how to add the new numbering groups is greatly appreciated!

Edited by: Ross Early on May 16, 2011 6:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you checked this: ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ross,

Welcome you post on the forum.

What new number groups are you trying to add? You have to follow system assigned number ranges.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon, thanks for your reply.

I created number ranges that tie in with my asset classes, e.g. number range reference 100 with range 10000 - 10499 ties in with my asset class ref.1000 (Land); number range range reference 105 (number range 10500 - 10999) ties in with asset class 1050 (Building) - I created these when I initially set up my required information in the fixed asset module I am testing in.

I uploaded my test asset information into the module and subseuently tested acquisitions and disposals - everything is working well. I then began testing the addition of a new asset class with new number range (as this may happen in the future that the organisation has a new class of asset and wants to keep it separate from, say, buildings). However, I could not add to the numbering range and encountered the issues per my first forum posting.

Is it the case that once the number ranges have been set up and engaged (i.e. assets are added, disposed of) that a user cannot add new number ranges? I know I can add a new asset class but it appears that I cannot add further number ranges?

Thanks,

Ross.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may only add number range that higher than the maximum number you have already used. Not the number in between.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if I attempt to add a new number range that starts at 1 million (i.e. that is higher than the last number in all of the listed number ranges, namely 999,999) I receive the same message.

It's as if the number ranges are set in stone once postings have been made and the number ranges are active.