Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extended Pattern in Section Code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are developing within a namespace and would like to include a copyright pattern in all sections of ABAP OO Classes. Of cause we could manually add the pattern, but I would prefer a automated process. I debugged the function "Regenerate Sections" and came across the function SEO_CLASS_GENERATE_SECTIONS. It uses the code of report SEO_PATTERN to generate the sections.

I could modify the report SEO_PATTERN to include the copyright but than it would be included in all classes not only for classes within our namespace. Second option would be a modification in SEO_CLASS_GENERATE_SECTIONS where I could check for the class name and thereby check the namespace.

Before making any modification I want to check with the crowd-knowledge of SDN if there is an official way to solve my request.

Thanks,

Matthias Waltz

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no offical procedure.

Another possibility for you would be to use READ REPORT etc. to get the appropriate include of the class into an itab, insert the copyright notice, and write the report back.

1 REPLY 1

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As far as I know, there is no offical procedure.

Another possibility for you would be to use READ REPORT etc. to get the appropriate include of the class into an itab, insert the copyright notice, and write the report back.