cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM 7.1 Client access to remote MDS gets network conn error but ping works

jeff_carty
Explorer
0 Kudos

We are migrating from MDM 5.5 to 7.1 and have installed on a new 64bit windows server with Oracle 11.2,

MDM Data Manager Client on the server connects to repoisitory with no real issues. We are still validating our upgrade on the development server.

Attempting to use the new MDM Data Manager 7.1 client on another PC to the MDS server comes back with a network error after a an hourglass delay on the repository field after entering in a fully qualified server name. Have tried the actual IP address as well. Both are pingable from the client and the server can ping the client.

The manual is not very clear on what exactly would be required on the client. Do I need an Oracle 11.2 client and tnsnames entry installed on the client rather than use the server name?

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Mic

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mic,

This is the issue of the network Adapter.

Please ask your basis team to check on the network adapter and its permissions.

Regards,

Sravan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

this seems to a network or firewall issue

the ip as a whole is reachabe , but the check the particular ports on the server system which the MDS are using.

unblock those ports to the network firewall and things should work

thanks

-Adrivit

using the IP or qualified system name to connect is the right way !

jeff_carty
Explorer
0 Kudos

The server is windows 2008 Standard R2. I am the basis person and worked with my server/network person this morning on firewall settings and port numbers. We were still not able to get the connection to come thru.

The MMC for the MDS shows an access point on port 50013. We even disabled the firewall completely.

Any specifics for 2008 firewall settings? Any other ideas on what setup might be needed. Did something change in 7.1 over 5.5 that I might have missed.

Thank you,

Mic

jeff_carty
Explorer
0 Kudos

My network/server person was able to fully allow incoming and outgoing and I am now able to connect using MDM data manager as well as the browser based management page.

We are wondering however if there are specific entries we can make to lock this down a little tigher?

Thank you,

Mic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mic

From your message i dont understant can you connect to your MDM Server from MDM Console, Import manager or not?

If you can from both (Console for load your repository and from Import manager to your repository) -

Check you DM version - it should be the same as your MDS (i think it is different)

Regards

Kanstantsin Chernichenka