Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MIC Number Range_Inspection test date as characteristics

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Need your input on my query .

I am creating MIC as external name in the system. do I need to maintain any number range like internal or external number range for MIC in SPRO? At present I do not have any type of number range maintained in the SPRO. although I am able to create external MICs but not able to create MIC with NUM char like 10001. How this works?

So just I wanted to know how this will affect the existing MIC as I have given external name like Temprature? Is this manadatory to have this number range in the system?

Another query is one of my characteristic is Inspection test date how can I capture this date in the result recording and what type of MIC I can create? I tried to create this using class characteristic with date format but MIC creation in Trx It does not allow to create such MIC with clas char. Please let me know you views on this.

Thanks & Regards

Kundan Kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

First thing

Use the SAP standard settings.

&

For purely numeric names, use internal (automatic) number assignment.

Use a predefined nomenclature for externally assigned mnemonic numbers.

These settings are plant specific

At present I do not have any type of number range maintained in the SPRO. although I am able to create external MICs but not able to create MIC with NUM char like 10001. How this works?

If you do not have number range the import std SAP setting or create New one like

01 50000000 99999999 -->int

02 00000001 49999999--->Ext

__ ____________________ ____________________

So just I wanted to know how this will affect the existing MIC as I have given external name like Temprature?

There will be no effect on existing as you are only using external

Is this manadatory to have this number range in the system?

Better to have & better to use SAP default

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Thanks for your reply.

For purely numeric names, use internal (automatic) number assignment.-> In our case there is no numeric name so do I need to maintain this in sytem?Use a predefined nomenclature for externally assigned mnemonic numbers.-> Could you please explanin this with some example.These settings are plant specific

At present I do not have any type of number range maintained in the SPRO. although I am able to create external MICs but not able to create MIC with NUM char like 10001. How this works?

If you do not have number range the import std SAP setting or create New one like-> How and from where to Import the std SAP setting number range for MICs. In configuration client this is not availble, as other number ranges are there like inspection plan number number ranges are availabe in the system.

01 50000000 99999999 -->int

02 00000001 49999999--->Ext-> In My case I am maintiang Alpha Numeric number as externa characteristics so please put some light on this. How these numbers are related to Externa assigned name of MIC like "Pressure"

__ ____________________ ____________________

Please guide me on the 2nd query of this post.

Regards,

Kundan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Crisp is if you maintain above setting or SAP default setting ,You can enter Alpha-Numeric values.

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kundan,

Although Sujit has already explained it thoroughly I try to enlighten it.

SAP has standard defined number range for MICs in standard plant. While creating new plant code somebody might have already copied / created these ranges. Thatu2019s the reason you are able to create MIC codes even though you yourself did not create number range.

Go to Tu2013Code QS29. Put plant code and click on display intervals. You will find the number range maintained for your plant. That will clarify your doubts.

If you want purely numeric code in your MIC, you cannot assign your own number for it in QS21. It has to be compulsorily system generated. But with which number it should start, that you can maintain in QS29.

The MIC code which contains at least one alpha character is called as external MIC.

Following are the few examples MIC codes,

100045- Internal - Purely numeric (system generated)

P12345 u2013 External

12345P u2013 External

ABCDEC u2013External

Regards,

Anand Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

Thanks for the clear cut explanation. Just I would like to understand few things related to this.

You are right,SAP has standard defined number range for MICs in standard plant.

While creating new plant code somebody might have already copied / created these ranges .->> but in the configuration screen of the this number range I do not find any number range for my plant, it shows only standard plant number range than How I am able to create external MICs?

Go to Tu2013Code QS29. Put plant code and click on display intervals. You will find the number range maintained for your plant. ->> No number ranges are maintained for the required plant.

The MIC code which contains at least one alpha character is called as external MIC.-> For this also do I need to maintain number range for externmal char like Temperature and Pressure with the following External check box ticked

00000001 to 49999999

or

AAAAAAAA to ZZZZZZZZ.

So for this external MICs case which of the above number range I have to maintain for the Plant.

As Sujit is telling that Its good to have both number range in the system?

Do we have to transport this number range from source sytem to Target system? or Directly we can maintain in the production system

Following are the few examples MIC codes,

100045- Internal - Purely numeric (system generated)->> Its clear to me

P12345 u2013 External->> Its clear to me

12345P u2013 External->> Its clear to me

ABCDEC u2013External->> Its clear to me

Regards,

Kundan