cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete old material pricing groups?

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

We are in the midst of a pricing clean-up project and have found that more than half of our material pricing groups are no longer valid. (The invalid ones are either used on materials that are no longer sold or were created incorrectly/inadvertantly in the first place.). I wish there were a way to mark the material pricing groups as inactive in config so that they could no longer be selected on a material master. But since that doesn't appear to be possible, I am thinking of simply deleting them. It looks like any material masters and/or pricing conditions that reference the deleted codes will remain whole -- they will continue to show the old code, just not its description. Are there any gotchas/concerns that I haven't thought of???

Thanks!

Allison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a way to mark material pricing group inactive in pricing. Simply create condition records for the valid material pricing groups and not for the others. This way the system will automatically ignore the ones which are no longer valid.

I would not advise you to delete the old material pricing codes. let them be in the system and create new ones which are relevant. By excluding them from the condition records, you will be able to achieve the desired result.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Shantanu

former_member607794
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Shantanu. I understand that I can make my pricing active only for the current/valid material pricing groups and not for the old ones... however, my hope is to reduce the number of options in the material pricing group drop-down list during material master maintenance (MM01/MM02). Currently the list is huge and that increases the possibility that someone will accidently choose the wrong code. Ideally the list would contain on the material pricing groups that are current valid/relevant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can explore the option of having a custom drop down with the help of ABAPer. This will be a better option than deleting all the inactive material price groups.

Regards,

Shantanu