Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Error 400 invalid directory when opening reports

Description of Problem or Question:

When attempting to pull up a report from Java InfoView, I get an http Status 400 error.

Product\Version\Service Pack\Fixpack (if applicable):

Crystal Reports Server 2008 (latest one, just downloaded last week).

Relevant Environment Information (OS & version, java or .net & version, DB & version):

I installed the Crystal Reports Server 2008 onto a just built Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit system. Nothing else is installed.

I read through the documentation and installed the prerequisistes.

I did a default install of the server (didn't make any changes), I believe this installs MySQL locally and Apache and tomcat. All ports are the default.

Nothing else but windows and updates are installed.

Sporadic or Consistent (if applicable):

What has already been tried (where have you searched for a solution to your question/problem):

Searched forums and internet (google). Could not login to KB area.

Steps to Reproduce (if applicable):

I installed crystal Reports 2008 on a client.

Created a report.

I used the publishing wizard to upload to the server.

Login to Java InfoView comes up, attempt to launch a report file (the one I just published or examples doesn't matter) I get the following error:

HTTP Status 400 - Invalid path /CrystalReports/view was requested

type Status report

message Invalid path /CrystalReports/view was requested

description The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (invalid path /CrystalReports/view was requested)

Apache Tomcate/5.5.20

Can anyone lend a hand? It would be greatly appreciated. Is it a 64bit and Apache Tomcat problem. I have ran across another software package that put in a 32 bit tomcat executable and I had issues and so had to change the executable out for the 64bit version.

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question