cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trial Balance Report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

FY 2009 was closed. I am trying to issue a trial balance for the following period 2010 But for whatever reason, the revenue and expense account show an open balance for 2010. These should have been closed into Retained Earinings , meaning it should have 0 balance.

I ran a Trial Balance Report with the following options:

When i selected Opening Balance for period and checked OB from start of fiscal year i see the OB column as blank for all accounts. All the balance sheet accounts should have an opening balance (which is ending balance from dec 2009) and P&L Accounts will have 9 balance, isn't it?

I need to run a trial balance report that will list the opening balance, debit, credits, ending balance for FY2010.

Anyone know the answer as to why these did not close correctly or are they just not showing on the report?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Had you run the utility

Administrator > utility > Period - End Close

if not then run on test database and then check.

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin,

I did period end closing few months ago. Aslo, doulble checked. Tested in 3 different company databases but same behavior. Not sure if i am missing any option. We are on 8.8 PL14

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please raise ticket to SAP.

Thanks

Kevin

former_member206437
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Their may be chances that Accounts would have been posted some entries after your YEC.

2. Check that Particular accounts Ledger report.

3. Update your Trial Balance Template and Execute once again.

4. If any foreign currency transaction done pls do the revaluation.