cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Dimensions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum, i created a query that i need to be relevant for auth. I activated from BI Content the 0TCAACTVT, 0TCAIPROV and 0TCAVALID and i added to a authorization role and also the characteristic that i need to filter be relevant.

But when i run the query it always show all the possible values, and not filtering by the role assigned.

Can anyone help me here?. Does this relevant for auth. characteristic has to be in the query as a Restricted Characteristic?

Thanks in advance

Reynaldo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try adding variables created on the the Auth relevant Char. The variables should not be input ready.

Regards,

Tanushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, could you be more specific? Authorization Variables? I have 4 auth. roles created, not just one. I thought that creating a variable could restrict even more.

The idea is like this. I have 4 auth roles, that are linked to a Inofobject named Community. If an user access Bex Analyzer, the query has to restrict the hits looking for the auth, that has linked into it. The community is relevant for auth.

But if i run it, instead of restricting the entries, it show them all. (0Bi_all is not in the auth role). That's the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, could you be more specific? Authorization Variables? I have 4 auth. roles created, not just one. I thought that creating a variable could restrict even more.

The idea is like this. I have 4 auth roles, that are linked to a Inofobject named Community. If an user access Bex Analyzer, the query has to restrict the hits looking for the auth, that has linked into it. The community is relevant for auth.

But if i run it, instead of restricting the entries, it show them all. (0Bi_all is not in the auth role). That's the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goto RSECADMIN transaction,

do analysis for this user and dont forget to check option "log" and run the query using option "RSRT".

Now, goto back to RSECADMIN and look at the log generated, you will be able to analyse wats going wrong.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveen Rao Kattela

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diaz,

Check is this user has auth object 0BI_ALL assigned, is yes then it will over ride all the data level authorizations and show all the possible values. Pls remove 0BI_ALL for this user.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveen Rao Kattela

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, 0Bi_all also removed. The only thing is that the auth characteristics has * in 0Infoprov, 0tcavalid.

Thanks in advance.

Reynaldo