cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sldapicust password....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had an entry in SLDAPICUST and I tried to make the entry point to a diff host and port and ended up changing the password which eventually did not work. Now I am tring to get back the old host, port and password and I guess the password is not right. Any help on how / where to check what the password would be ?

Thnks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to change the password of service user at all places with the help of admin..

Even if you try to crack the password you will get the password of what you have set but not the old password..

if still needed search on SDN for cracking the same...there is a blog on same ...but I dont encourage the same..

HTH

Rajesh

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

You can change the password, and change it every where.

But you can copy a new user from sldapiuser( default), and set password.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best way is to change the password on all locations described on the OSS note below, as the passwords are encrypted on the database.

[Note 999962 - PI 7.10: Change passwords of PI service users|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=999962] (for 7.1 + PI version)

[Note 936093 - XI 7.0: Changing the passwords of XI service users|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1wdCZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=936093] (for 7.0 version)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hmm..OK....Can I do something like this...

In the PI system , in SU01, for this user id (say SAP_CUSTUSER), I see the message under 'Logon Data' tab as 'Password logon not possible (Too many incorrect logon attempts)'.

So can I just change this user id's password here and try to use that passwork in SLDAPICUST ? will that give me a successful SLD check then ?

Do I have to set that new password anywhere else ?

pl let me know .

thnks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think that should be enough for SLDAPICUST. Provided you are not using this user ID anywhere else.

Regards,

Pinkle

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

yes You can change password and unlock user. Please take into account that this user can be used somewhere else and it can have impact on this place.

Regards

Maciej

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

it's not possible ask basis

Regards

Maciej