cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter emails using sender email adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does any one know how to filter emails of mail server using Sender email adapter(POP3 protocol ) in PI .

To make it more clear let us assume that there are 10 emails in the email server then 3 emails should be fetched for Interface A , 3 emails Should be fetched for Interface B and remaining 4 emails should be ignored and left in the email server as it is , the reason for this is that it is not related with the Interface A or Interface B. Any suggestion or solution will be much appreciated.

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Using the sender mail adapter it will not possible. However you can define multiple receivers or do multi mapping for the same.

Regards

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

If you know how to distingish emails (different subjects or subject patterns, different senders), you can use them as criteria for receiver determination (and maybe intf determination either) ...

For instance, if subject = "subject1" then route to receiver A using intf A. If sender = "sender2" then route to receiver B using intf B ... Then set the default action to "ignore" when emails do not fulfill any of the above conditions

This is what we do and it works pretty fine

Rgds

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The appraoch mentioned to diffrentiate using sender or any other value from mail will work fine if we want to diffrentiate emails for the interfaces for ex. to differentiate between interface A or Interface B, but this will not help if we want to ingnore unrelated mails or junk emails as PI sender email adapter will delete the message from mail box while processing the emails.

Can anybody provide the solution as to how to ignore unrelated mails / junk emails using sender email adapter while processing

emails for the interfaces.

I already configured emails going successfuly for interface A or Interface B for different interfaces but I am not able to ignore unrelated mails to the interfaces . Need your help on this.

Can we use any paramater in module processor of adapter to avoid junk emails?

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat

Former Member
0 Kudos

We had the same problem, but there's an easy, low-tech, answer. Create rules on the mail server to move the mail (as it arrives) into separate folders (depending, for example, on the sender or some part of the subject) and then have the sending adapter for each interface read specific folders.

Hope that helps,

Guy

jonprow
Participant
0 Kudos

Good idea, thanks Guy.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is no provision to set this many number of mails to be received from inbox of mail server in POP3. This is not possible.

POP3 setting accepts mail address, user name , password to load all the messages. I dont see direct solution for this. One way is convert the mail content in to files with different names like first 3 as XX.txt and next 3 as YY.txt. Use file adapter to pick up the files in PI for the different file names using dynamic configuration or seperate file adapter for each file name group.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you didnt get my requirement clearly. My requirement is how to filter emails from email server using sender Email adapter in POP3 protocl and pass it to relevant Interface.

For ex: suppose email no.1 is related to Interface A then it should go to Interface A

or email no. 2 is related to Interface B then it should go to Interface B

or if email no. 3 is junk mail then it should avoid deleting that email and leave that email as it is

The problem/challenge here is that email adapter of Interface A or B reads it first and deletes the email message so it is not available for the Interface A or B.

So I just want that sender email adapter should filter it before deleting email from the email server.

Can you provide some solution for this?

Thanks & Regards

Prabhat