cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best order to upload files via DTW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are re-implementing our SAP B1 system and are migrating data from the old system to the new. I am relatively new to SAP B1 and would like some guidence on what is the best order to import the files. For example, you can not have a preferred vendor on an item unless the vendor exists, so you need to upload business partners before items. You can not have a contact person on the BP unless you have uploaded those, etc. These are the kind of dependencies I am looking for. What is the best order to proceed in?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Step for re-implementation

1) Use Copy express to take setting, COA, Query,Tax and PLD/ CR and other necessary Admin module setup

2) Upload Item

3) Upload BP

4) Upload Sales Order > Delivery > AR Invoices

5) Upload Purchase Order > GRPO > AP Invoices

6) Upload Incoming Payment

7) Upload Outgoing Payment

Use DTW tool as data will be safer side, thought it take time but one time efford.

I think this will work.

Thanks

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Welcome you post on the forum.

You may check this first: /people/zal.parchem2/blog/2010/12/20/the-fast-track-of-sap-b1--part-1-of-getting-started

Actually there are quite a few discussions regarding similar topics. Digging it first within SCN: forum, wiki and blogs.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

Thank you so much for getting back to my question. In the link you posted, I do not see in the article where it talks about what order DTW files should be uploaded. It talks about DTW but does not indicate what order they should be loaded in. Also, I did search the blogs, wikis and forums and found a lot of information on DTW, but nothing that helped with sequence in which the files should be loaded. For example, first load contact employee, then load business partners, then load items, etc...... I realize not all templates may be utilized, but I was hoping for some guidence in the sequence of the load.

Thansk