cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution Manager does not get service definitions from SAP in self diagnosi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In our production solution manager transaction solution_manager, self diagnosis we are getting a warning message on our development solution manager.

Solution Manager XXX does not get service definitions from SAP.

The production Solution Manager is the master in SDCCN for the test Solution Manager. In the test Solution Manager, the scheduled task REFRESH SERVICE DEFINITIONS has task System ID of O01. It is pointed to RFC destination SDCC_OSS, not the production Solution Manager system.

It gives the same warning if I point the task to the production Solution Manager system.

Has anyone seen this before? Any ideas?

Best regards,

Russ

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i guess have you activated SDCCN from your solution manager system too?

if not please activate. since that setup helps solman retrive the service definitions used in SDCCN from SAP (SAPOSS).so this ultimately allows you to set solution manager system as Master, so all the satellite system get the service definition from solman and do not need a direct SAPOSS connection.

and Please check this Note 1143775 - SAP service content update

the wiki for trouble shoot ["EarlyWatch Alert is Red Flagged - how to resolve" |http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=228262728]

please check.

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

can you try to refresh your service definitions in both solman and satellite system using the below sap note

Note 727998 - update service definitions manually

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jansi,

No, I have already activated the system via SMSY. Everything checks and appears to be working.

I am reviewing the link in hopes that I will find something.

Thanks again,

Russ