cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Master data loading in BPC NW 7.5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am trying to load master data from BW into BPC using the packages provided in BPC7.5.

Master data infoobject in Bw is compounded with 3 other objects.2 of them dont have any master data tables.All they have is a text table(T table).

When i run the package i get a warning saying compounded object1 is empty.

i think i am getting the warning because it doesnt have any master data tables(P table,M table and Z table).

In a different case i had a compounded info object but i didnt have any issue because it had master data table to it.This case is diff since no master data tables exists.

Can someone help me on how to approach master data loading in a scenario where compounded objects dont have any master data tables.

Thanks,

Any help is appreciated.

KK.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

maybe this document will help with your problems,

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/00380440-010b-2c10-70a1-e0b431255...

hope it helps,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the document.But doesnt look like it would help in my case.i have this document now incase i come across any issues.

Anyone out there who ran into this issue.Trying to pull master data into BPC from a infoobject which is compounded and the compounded object just has a text table but none of the master data tables?

Thanks for the help.

KK.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the above document itself it is clearly mentioned that BPC doesnot supports Compounding of InfoObjects. As per your requirement you are trying to pull master data of a compounded inforobject.

Therefore, would request you to refer this document (Pg. 11, 42, etc.) which explains the procedure what you can apply if you are importing compound infoobjects. you need to implement those steps as per your scenario.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document is for BPC when they didnt have the new process chains to load master data.Now they have 2 new process chains.One to load master data attributes and texts and the other one to load Hierarchy.And these 2 packages support compounded info objects too.

I was able to load profit center attr/texts/hierarchy into BPC although it was compounded to Controlling Area.This wasnt an issue because Controlling Area had master data defined. meaning it had P table and M table created.

But my issue is for this new master data load i am trying to do the compounded info object doesnt have master data tables.And thats causing an issue.It says Master data table for 0Division is empty.

I want to know if there is any workaround in BPC for this issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem: Master data table for InfoObject 0DISTR_CHAN is empty. I'm on BPC NW 7.5 SP08.

I'm trying to load 0MAT_SALES that has compounding with 0SALESORG and 0DISTR_CHAN. 0DISTR_CHAN doesnt have any master data tables(P table,M table and Z table)...

Any workaround???

Regards,

Marco.

Edited by: Marco Aurelio Barreto Modesto on Jul 21, 2011 4:06 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Please help! Anybody with this problem?

regards,

Marco.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have any issues with enabling master data for those infoobjects?

If not just check the box "with master data" in master data tab of the infoobject and run those text data loads again.

That load will create entries in P table (only key values). This should solve your issue in BPC.

Kalyan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas on this one??

The message i get when i run the package is Master data table for Info object 0DIVISion is empty.This object is compounded to 0Customer.

0DIVISION doesnt have any master data tables.