cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we install NW system over VPN client network connection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are working on a pilot program to run our SAP systems in the cloud. We created a server in the cloud via a service provider, and now need install SAP on it. The server in the cloud connected to our internal network via a VPN connection through the internet.

When I tried to start the installation, even I was logon as a domain administrator, it seems could not get proper authentication from my domain controller. My questions are:

1. Can we install SAP system on a server which connected to the network via VPN client? Does SAP have any limitation regarding this?

2. Anyone has similar experiences in putting SAP systems in the cloud environment? What network connection from cloud to your internal network you are using?

Best regards,

Yujun Ran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186158
Active Participant
0 Kudos

If the port is open, I think you can do it.

It just like a remote host installation, which you can find info in Installation guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I hope you are trying to access the system over VPN and its more like you are installing SAP application on remote server.

Its like instead of you being in same LAN you are connecting to that LAN though a VPN and accessing the server.

Its very much possible as we do install the application on remote server though VPN.

You need to have root access or sidadm ( with administrative rights on the server ) user access resgitered with domain.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek ,

Thanks for your quick reply. Yes, we can remote to a server via RDP, etc to install SAP no problem. The issue here is our server is in the cloud (outside our network), and it is connected via a VPN client to our internal network, which has our domain controller, etc. So it is not like it's a part of our LAN, it's just connected to our LAN via VPN client.

Hope this explain my intention.

Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

Can you check with service provide whether the user which he has provided to logon to server has administrative rights on host. Again when you connect to that server through VPN in ipfconfig of your system you will also get their subnet IP.

Kindly check once in ipconfig when you connect to their VPN client whether you have your local IP as well as remote IP too.

Regards

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have domain administrator right for the domain and local administrator right on the server. I checked ipconfig and I do see two IP addresses, one is internet IP address, the other is our internal IP address. I am performing a domain installation, not the local installation. The problem seems to be the domain controller (which resides on our LAN) can NOT authenticate the users-creation request from the server in the cloud during the installation. And the cloud server connects to our LAN by a VPN client. That's the only difference with our other SAP systems which we have no problem for installation etc.

And I think this is nothing to do with remote installation because I can RDP to the server and start up my installation without problem. I don't need perform remote installation It seems like is the problem of network which doesn't treat this server as the part of LAN.

Experts in SAP, can you help and offer some insight?

Thanks,

Yujun Ran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I hope you can not trust the these domain controllers as they are of different network.

Check with Networking and system administration team if they can help on this.

Better would be go ahead with Local installation rather on domain.

Regards

Vivek