cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Theme Transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

I've been working on a Look and Feel project for the past few weeks , and my theme is nearly done (just missing some minor changes). we are now tryng to transport the theme to other portal.

we have some errors mainly on the following areas:

- tables css seem to be wrong because the portal creates in the select colum field a strange effect not present

- all custom images seem to be gone ( eg tray background images ..)

- We also have one javascript error that we cant understand in the theme editor ( " A script is making your website slow"

The theme is working really good in the other portal so we could really use some help if anyone have any ideias.

Edited by: Phatinox on May 10, 2011 6:39 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You can follow the normal steps for transporting portal content .You only have to add the custom theme prepared.The below link can help you.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/EP/TransportingPortalContent

Try after clearing the portal & browser cache.

Thanks,

Sandip

Edited by: Sandip Kundu on May 10, 2011 10:15 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

for transporting the portal theme you have to use the portal theme transport (import / export). Afterwards, check that the browser is using the new theme and not a (cached) previous version. You should also clear the HTTP Provider cache in the Visual Administrator and the browser cache.

br,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey , thanks for your help

i did the theme transport method and it does not work as i say in the topic some configurations are completly wrong , and it seems it does not load the images custom i use in the them ( .gif .png .jpg ).

it does not work with the transport package aswell i get a error when tryng to import the file to the new portal.

Can it be a problem with portal versions? it seems one is 6.0 and the other is 7.0 i think

Any suggestions will be welcome thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are many issue when you try to uplaod a theme from EP 6 to EP 7. The images not uploaded can be the case with too long files names which might not be supported in EP 7. Pls check the default trace file for the error. Always try to upload theme wirh System Administrator user.

Check SAP Note 1517914 for more details.

Regards

Deb