cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current view does not display members

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on BPC 7.5 NW. The current view does not show any member values (only "...more..." is displayed). Dimensions have been processed, the cache has been refreshed (UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE), eTools/Refresh dimension members has been executed on the client side.

We have deactivated the "secured" setting for our dimensions, just in case.

If we try to use the Current View pull-down menu icon, BPC crashes.

Thanks for your help.

David

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any recent uprade SP5 to SP7? Check SP version of BW server and BPC client, when both are not in same SP you will get that error.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all the replies.

The BPC Server version was not in synch with the client version.

An upgrade of the server to 7.5 SP07 solved the issue.

Thanks

David

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

As said above, try loggind thru connection wizard and then follow the following steps:

1. Login to BPC Excel.

2. Etools -> Client Options

3. Click on all the three options of Reintializing of Current View, Local application Information and Refresh Dimension members. 4. Re-process dimensions and also do optimization of appsets.

5. Relogin to BPC and check if this resolves your issue.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Poonam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but all of these steps did not solve the issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

you may also want to check the description of each dimension members. I had the same issue though it's particular only to two dimension so I'm able to check it easily. The problem is that in the EVDESCRIPTION property, there is a description that contains two line of description within a single cell. When I corrected it and re-process the dimension, issue was solved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marvin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

You may also want to check the description of each dimension members. I had the same issue though it's particular only to two dimension so I'm able to check it easily. The problem is that in the EVDESCRIPTION property, there is a description that contains two line of description within a single cell. When I corrected it and re-process the dimension, issue was solved.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Marvin

former_member190501
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is your BPC front end version(SP) is same as your back end(BI) vesrion(SP)?

Regards,

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to login through the connection wizard and see if the problem still appears.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi David,

that happened to me a lot time a go, and the problem was related to the use of different domains of users. Are you using more than one domain of users???. if so try to enter to the se38 and change your bpc sysadmin user to a user of the domain that has the most quantity of users and then proccess the dimension with that user, that should solve the problem.

hope it helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Guillermo.

We are using a single domain name, so that does not apply to us.