cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement Type 641 consuming forecast

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an issue where mtype 641 is consuming forecast in r/3 in the location - despite the fact that this is just a stroage location to storage location movement within the same plant. How can I stop this?

Thanks a lot,

Gomie

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gomie, I will be using STOs between storage locations with MRP Areas and am interested in whether you were able to work out your issue. 

Thanks!

Paula

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
this is just a stroage location to storage location movement within the same plant.

In the above case, I dont know why you have used 641 which should have been 311. You should be aware movement type 641 is used in case of STO within two plants of the same company code. In your case, only storage location is different and hence, system behaviour is correct.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Change the consumption definition of the movement type in Customization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Thanks for your reply. I check in OMJJ & the consumption posting in the "updating control" is blank. Is it maintained anywhere else?

From doing some tests it seems it consumes for 1 delivery type - but another it doesn't consume. I don't want either to consume. Is it linked to delivery type in some way?Thanks for your help.

Rgds,

Gomie

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check OSS Note 67036 - MMIM:Movement type 351/641 not relevnt t.consumptn

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

Thanks for your input - I checked out the note but it seems t show you how toset up movemet type 641 for consumption - yet my issue is that in ome cases my 641 does consume. I want it to stop. I checked the settings in the note and mine are correctly blank for it. So I'm still not sure why it;s consuming forecast for a particualr p.o type.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gomie