cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Datasources

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Guys I am new to BW, I activate a Datasource in RSA5, but when I try to replicate in BW I cannot see it, Do I have to create a Source System for R3 for this to work. I went to SM59 and create a RFC pointing to the Client I want to extract the data.

Thanks You in Advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wasipati,

How did you do the replication. For Replication goto RSDS trans > Enter DS tech name & Sourcesystem tech name & from the menu Datasource> Replicate Metadata --> It might give you a pop up asking whether DS needs to be replicated as 3.5X or 7, select as per your requirement.

Also make sure that you have selected the correct source system when you are trying to view the DS in RSA1 i.e for example if you have replicated the DS in source system say D100, make sure that you are selecting the same sourcesystem D100 in order to view that DS.

Hope it helps!

Regards,

Pavan

ravi_chandra3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI wasti

Perform the step in the source system.First activate the datasource in the RSA5 Tcode, and once check the datasource has been activated or not . It can be verified by using RSA6 Tcode.

go to bi system.

After activating the datasource , replicate the datasource in the bi system. this can be done by Tcode:RSA1--> DATASOURCE. OR GO TO Tcode:RSDS.

u will see the activated datasource there. I f u don't find the datasource then do the refresh . it will be seen

With Regards.

RaviChandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Please use the below procedure :

1- Go to Transaction RSDS and enter your Data Source name and Source System ( you can check your source system if it is already available )

If your source system is available, then goto datasource table and select replicate data source .

Another Option :

,Go to transaction SBIW in the source system choose Business Information Warehouse-- Business Content DataSources --Transfer Business Content DataSources

Select the nodes in the application component hierarchy for which you want to transfer DataSources into the active version..

Alternative you can Go to Data Warehousing Workbench. Transaction RSA1

Select the Datasource tab--select your application component --and right click --replicate meta data .

-

Now if you have not connected with Source system first ask your Basis Team to make connection between R/3 source and BW system .

If this task you have to do then follow the instruction given in below link :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/ac/4a4e38493e4774e10000009b38f889/content.htm

hope this helps

Regards

Vikas Sharma

Robert Bosch