Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to download com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea par file

I am trying to download the com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea par file so that I can modify it and upload it with a new name. I found the file in the Support Desk of the portal, and I downloaded it just fine. However, when I download it it was in the form of com.sap.portal.support.browse.zip. I tried to extract the files from there, and I came up with com.sap.portal.support.browse.

How can I get this in the form of a par file to import into NWDS? I have imported par files into NWDS before, but I nothing I am trying is working, because I can't get it into the .par or .par.bak formats.

Thanks,

Owen

Former Member replied

Hi Owen,

I have found issues with unzipping the files with Winzip when I download files from a unix portal system. In that case, I suggest you unzip using winrar. I just tried doing the same in my system. I download the com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea.par.bak file from the 'ROOT/WEB-INF/deployment/temp' folder in the portal system admin->support. It downloaded as 'com.sap.portal.support.browse.default'. I 'unRAR'ed the file to find 'com.sap.portal.support.browse.default' folder and then again 'unRAR'ed it to extract the 'com.sap.portal.navigation.contentarea.par.bak' file.

And I was able to import the par file (without the .bak extn) in NWDS. But using Winzip, it failed.

Hope it helps,

Prathamesh

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question