cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution manager as the central CTS+ server with PI???

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, all.

I know this question has been raised quite a few times in the forum. However, I still don't have a clear understanding of it. Particluarly, SAP recommends using solman as the central CTS+ server and here's my understanding of the configuration:

1) The CTS+ domain for PI transports is configured within the PI transport domain. That means, the PI domain controller will be the CTS+ domain controller, not solman.

2) A domain link will be added between the solman and the PI domain controller

3) CHARM is not neccessary to trigger the transport creation????

In particular, I don't understand how point 3 is possible. Since the CTS+ domain controller for PI is NOT with solman. Without using CHARM, how do you get solman to create a CTS+ transport request in PI? May I misunderstand the SAP doc?

Please advise.

Thanks,

John.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Anyone, please?

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Agasthuri

Thank you for your input. So essentially solman is only used for transport monitoring. I saw some doc mentioning that we can trigger transport creation in another domain, provided that there is a domain link setup between them. Therefore, if we domain link solman and PI, then we can trigger a PI transport creation from solman. Would you know if there is such a way? Since this is basically how CHARM works, I wonder if there is a way to do it without CHARM(we don't have CHARM implemented).

Thanks,

Jonathan.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jonathan,

>So essentially solman is only used for transport monitoring.

Sort off

> I saw some doc mentioning that we can trigger transport creation in another domain,

The TR number ..Yep, But we need to literally log into PI system to bundle the object and release the TR.

> I wonder if there is a way to do it without CHARM(we don't have CHARM implemented).

I hope, It is possible

Cheers

Agasthuri

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Agasthuri.

Can you please explain how you can create a PI transport from solman through the domain link, without CHARM or directly logging on the PI DEV?

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Edited by: Jonathan Ma on May 12, 2011 4:21 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Charm is not required.

Regards

monika

former_member198282
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Monika.

I understand that charm is not needed. But would you mind point me to some hint or documentation on how to create a transport from solman in PI DEV? I have spent the whole afternoon yesterday searching in help.sap.com without any luck.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jhon,

1) The CTS+ domain for PI transports is configured within the PI transport domain. That means, the PI domain controller will be the CTS+ domain controller, not solman.

Your understanding is right

2) A domain link will be added between the solman and the PI domain controller

Yes ..If you wann monitor thru Solman

3) CHARM is not neccessary to trigger the transport creation????

is used for defect monitoring, project monitoring as a repsoitory

Cheers

Agasthuri