cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No currency assigned to vendor (Maintain master record)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

I have the currency as an optional field in the vendor master data for de purchasing data.

So when doing an RFQ for this vendor without currency informed, an error appears:

Message no. 06497

And in the customizing I put the currency as an optional field for the RFQ.

What can I do? It is necessary to put as required field in the vendor master data?

Thanks in advances

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Sorry, is not doing an RFQ, it is when I do a Contract, in the first screen the error appears,

thankss

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you put option also it is require for follow on documents.So please maitain currency.Alo all fields we can not put as optional like Plant in purchase order..etc

Former Member
0 Kudos

Currency is required field on Contract which is defaulted from Vendor Master on the contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know that the currency should be requerid in the contract, but why I need to have it mantained in the vendorr master data? I would like to put it in the contract directly for those vendors that dont have the currency in the master data.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the more you enter in master data, the less you have to enter in the thousands of transaction data which is created using this master data.

Even if you have a currency in vendor master, you can maintain a different currency for the exceptional contract.So you just maintain exceptions instead always.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I know what you mean.

But I have the field of the currency in the vendor master data as optional. So if the user does not indicate the currency in the vendor, it is not possible to create a Contract (tx ME31K) for this vendor because the following error appears:

Message no. 06497

Procedure

Please maintain the purchase order currency for this vendor in the purchasing data of the vendor master record.

And the system does not allow to indicate one manually.

For the PO, instead, it is possible to make reference to a vendor that does not have any currency and indicate then it in the PO.

Thank you for your help,

best regards,

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you update the details on the first screen of ME31K dont press enter insted press header and check

Thanks

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

It does not work in the way neither.

I fill all the information in the first screen of ME31K (vendor, dates, type, pur org, pur group) and the I press the hat (header data) and then I have to enter the company code. after entering this information the error appears...

Any other solution?

Thank you very much

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

06497 is a hardcoded error in program MM06EF0U_UEBERNAHME_LIEFERANT, so there is no way to stay with your design of no currency in vendor master if you want create contracts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very mucha for your help

Edited by: Maddiiiii on May 17, 2011 4:18 PM

Answers (0)