Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Subcontracting: delivery of components directly to subcontractor

Dear experts,

I have the following process at my client:

Via a purchasing process, my client orders components at a vendor. This vendor delivers the components directly to the subcontractor who performs certain activities before sending the new assembled goods towards my client.

The problem I have with this process is how to handle the good receipt of the purchase order and how to make sure the stock is afterwards issued towards the subcontractor?

The subcontracting process is set up as a specific purchase order.

I'm sure you have come accross a similar process in your past. Could you please shed some light on this topic?

It's much appreciated!

M

Former Member
Former Member replied

Regarding your query, " Consequently, the above means that when setting up the subcontracting order, that this order will only contain the parts that are to be shipped from stock (and not the parts that are ordered at another vendor and delivered at the subcontractor). Correct?"

This is not correct as You will make a subcontracting order with all the components tht part to be shipped from the stock and the parts that are ordered at another vendor and delivered at the subcontractor.

1. You have two purchase orders one Normal Po with delivery to subcontracting vendor and other subcontracting PO.

2. On doing Goods Receipt for normal Po it will take movement type as 101 O that is stock provided to vendor.

3. For subcontracting Po you will do MB1b or ME2o for the parts to be provided to the vendor that is 541.

4. On doing Goods Receipt for subcontracting PO the part provided by the vendor will get consumed with 543 O and that provided from your own stock with movement type 543.

Regards

Sangeeta

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question