cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to read characteristic's values form Dim-Table?

marco_simon2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

does anybody know a Function-Module (or a Class) that supports the reading of characteristic-values from the Dim-Tabe of an InfoCube? I did not find anything useable yet.

I'd like to use it in a piece of abap-code which shall loop over the booked values of a characteristic (let's say: the CompCodes) existing in a special InfoProvider. That would be similar to the read-mode option in the BEx filter dialog.

As a workaround I could use the attributes-table instead - but that will return more values than existing in the InfoProvider.

Kind regards,

Marco Simon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

hope this article is helpful to you.

http://www.erada.com/articles/InfoCube_lookup_Erada_BWInfoAlert.pdf

Regards

Vikas Sharma

marco_simon2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vikas Sharma,

first of all: thanks for your quick reply and the (generally) interesting link.

The linked document describes the "manual way" of how to get data from an InfoCube.

Of course I could use the described logic and build my own "Dim-value-Reader" - but I'd prefer to use an already existing FM or method that already implements this logic (and more). And this FM or method is exactly what I'm asking for.

But anyway - your document is a good helper if you want to unterstand the relationships between the single tables of a cube.

Kind regards,

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco Simon,

Did you try FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

Guru

marco_simon2
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning Guru,

yes I did. FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ is great if you wanna read data from an InfoCube using ABAP - but I cannot find an option to read only the existing values for e.g. 0COMP_CODE from the dimension-tables.

So this FM does not help me in this case.

Kind regards,

Marco

Answers (0)