Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Home page with workset site map

Dear all,

I would like to have a kind of home page by using workset site map.

!I have 4 applications in the portal (4 roles to manage different activities : sales, purchasing ...)

I would like to have a home page with 4 workset site mapviews which represents the roles.

I try to build like this :

Role Home page

workset Home page

iview Home

>>> role sales

>>> different iviews ...

>>> role purchasing ...

In fact I would like to assign the role home page, and restrict to the other roles. If the user hasn't the role Sales for example, he should see (or not) the icon in the home page but coudl'nt clic and go the Sales views.

But now, when I assigned only the role Home page, the user can see Sales & purchasing even if he hasn't the corresponding role.

Can someone help me please?

I hope it is clear

Kind regards

Yes, That is possible. What you need to do is add a workset Map iView under each of your worksets (Sales, Purchasing) etc, hide it in navigation and provide it as a default entry point. Let me illustrate this point.

Sales Role (merge into home role)

HOME Workset<----

Sales Workset (merge into home workset)

Workset Map iView (hide in navigation, set as default entry for folder, close detail nav )

Sales Pages/iViews

Now in the above hierarchy, the Home role and workset would be available to the user with a workset map displaying the Sales Pages and iViews to the 'Sales' user.

Hope it helps,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question