cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrictions on Transactional Data using Access Control Engine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are looking and implemting ACE to restrict visibility on Accounts and Transactions in our business. We are using CRM2007

We have an account which is located in 2 Sales Areas, Sales Area 1 and Sales Area2.

As part of our requirement we require a user in Sales Area 1 to be able to see the account but only see Sales Area 1 transactions in the activity assignment block within the Account Details Component. (Sales Area 2 data should not be visible in any manner)

Can ACE provide me with such flexibility?

If so, what would be required to implement such a requirement?

Would ACE standard functionality provide a solution for this or would ABAP enhancements need to be made?

Thanks for your assistance,

Jonathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess that by sales area in sales transaction you are refering to organizational data. If yes, then you don't need to implement ace but you can use standard pfcg authorization objects. To restrict access by organizational data, use object CRM_ORD_OE or CRM_ORD_LP.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your response. However the authorisation objects will restrict accessing the details of the transaction, but it will not completely hide the transactions in the application.

The transactions will still appear on the Activity/Opportunity/Serivce Search etc. We require that they are not even visible in the search results.

Will ACE provide this functionality in particular relation to the scenario i outlined above?

Thanks,

Jonathan

robert_kunstelj
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are wrong. If you set this authorization objects correctly, they will hide objects also in search.