Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Adjust Range in Xcelsius dynamically

Hi,

is there a possibility adjust the range in the excel sheet in xcelsius dynamically depending on a SAP BW query result?

I allready established a Connection between SAP BW and the excel sheet of xcelsius. The problem I encounter now is that the range does not automatically change in case the result of the query changes and I don't want to define manually the range where the data is displayed in Xcelsius every time.

Instead the range should adjust dynamically to the query data. For instance if the query result consists of 100 lines the range should be A1 to A100 and change dynamically with the result of the query without having to modify the range manually.

Thanks,

Andi

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

There is no way that you could dynamically adjust the query result range in excel. You could select as many rows in excel to adjust the range so that no query data is missed out. In this case, the extra selected rows in excel are filled with NULL so that the dashboard performance is affected in no way. But make sure that you never miss checking the option "Ignore Blank Cells" for all the Xcelsius components.

By default, the maximum number of rows that can be referenced by a formula or component binding in excel is 1052. This value can be adjusted by navigating to File->Preferences->Excel Options->Maximum Number of Rows

Regards,

Anju Saseendran

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question