cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BEx Analyzer Not showing report result in canceling "Change variable Icon"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Do we have any settings in BEx Analyzer for retrive the Result set even after I click 'Change variable Icon' in Toolbar and cancel the variable pop-up window??

Eg: My query Result is displayed in Analyzer selecting some vaues in Selection screen.And when I click the Change Variable Icon from 'Analyzer Toolbar' its showing me 'Select values for variable' window.If I select the cancel button in it, then Query result becom blank showing the message "There are variables; change variable values". Do Analyzer having an option or settings to keep the result even if i cancel the variable selection from "change variable icon".

Thanx in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member211907
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sari-

If SAP provides such a function, I have not found it. The way I understand it., the change variable value initiates the OLAP back end. This clears the Presentation Manager front end, and clears the 'results' that are displayed on your workbook. If you cancel the OLAP run, the front end clear still executes.

HOWEVER... if you turn OFF Automatic Refresh before clicking on Change Variable Values and then clicking on Cancel, the presentation manager will not write any changes to your workbook. So that is your best solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanx Charlie..I have understand what you said.

Answers (0)