cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting a confirmed delivery date to web

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All.

We'd like to be able to promise a customer confirmed delivery date to the web based on SAP ATP. This should take in to account current ATP, and the customer's delivery service.

We've been reviewing bapi_material_availability. This seems to be promising based on availability very well.

However, what I'm not seeing is any transit times from the route, pick/pack time, etc.... taken in to account.

Does anyone know, should this bapi provide this and possibly we are using it incorrectly?

Or is this bapi limited to only providing ATP info only? Do we need to call SD_SCHEDULING as well.

Is there an easier way to provide a confirmed delivery date to the web?

PS - there's also bapi_salesorder_simulate. But it's more complex for the developers to use, and performance is not as good. But maybe this is the only alternative.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Material availability BAPI provides only ATP (same as CO09 pretty much). To my knowledge, there is no function that would provide ATP + transit time, etc. You would need to use ATP plus something else (perhaps your own code, based on the specific business requirements), shouldn't be too difficult IMHO.

There could be an Enterprise Service that provides this functionality, but it might require additional work to implement.

In any case, ATP + estimated transit time hardly seems a "confirmed" date to me. Many web sites provide "in stock availability" and transit times separately. E.g. maybe the customer would want to pay extra for faster delivery, who knows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena.

Thank you for the reply. That confirms what I was thinking, that it bapi_material_availability really isn't intended for this purpose.

So far what we're finding is that bapi_salesorder_simulate is the easiest one to use. It provides all the ATP info and more.

Thanks!