cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trade BW Foundation - BI Content

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I would be commencing a SAP BW 7.0 implementation under IS-Retail source system in a few days. For this, I was going through the available Business Content documentation on SAP and found an unfamiliar term called 'Trade BW Foundation'. Upon further reading I can probably make out that it is delivered in BICONT 7.04 and above and implements the Layered Scalable Architecture (LSI) model.

I do not have any idea of the same which lead me to the following doubts -

1. What is 'Trade BW Foundation'?

2. If it does, how does it affect the existing ways that we used to implement BW for IS Retail?

3. What if I use the traditional methods of implementing BW (0RT_C01)?

4. Are there any additional settings that I need to maintain?

5. In case I want to implement the Trade BW Foundation Business Content (first layer ODSs and then InfoCubes provided in Standard Content) will it give me the same results as the traditional method of implementation.

Any guidance/references on the said topic are highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,

Kunal Gandhi

PS: Have used the following wiki as reference for study - http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Retail/EnterpriseDataWarehouseServicefor+POS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MartinMaruskin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Kunal, a term 'Trade BW Foundation' refers to one of layers according to the EDW Concept. It is designed as en entry layer (based on DSO) for cleansed data for future propagation. See:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Retail/AnalyticsforSAPforRetail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thank you for the prompt response. The link that you have sent is the same link that I have read and on the basis of which my doubts arose. Yes, it is a layer in the EDW concept, but I m keen on understanding is what is the significance of adding new objects in the standard content and how does it change the way Retail BW implementation takes place.

Would appreciate if you can throw some light on specific doubts I have raised.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Kunal Gandhi