cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute WD4A without application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

is it possible to execute a WD component without a web application ?? Under HAP* I found many components that have no application. Problably they are called from another development but I cannot find that other development.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

The information in answers posted here so far is incorrect. You can ont execute WD Component without an application or embedding the component within another component (which in turn is within an Application). Without a WD Application, you don't have an SICF node or URL.

Using either the Portal or a Transaction Code (WDYID) both still require the connection via a Web Dynpro Application.

There are often many WD Components in SAP standard that don't have applications. This is becuase our application are often composed of multiple components. We also heavily use the Floorplan Manager. With the FPM, the Web Dynpro Application is attached to one of 3 standard SAP componentents, but then the "real" WD Components are loaded dynamically via a special type of component configuration. There are over 1500 FPM based applications in the Business Suite.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

I did mean that he could trigger web application via portal or transcation.

The end user would not know in the background that it links the web application.

I was trying to live the concept of abstraction.

Regards

Anurag Chopra

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ashish_shah
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

As suggested by Thomas,

these components may be called via a FPM component,

GAF-FPM or OIF-FPM.

so look for implemented interface in these components and you will be able to identify which FPM component is this.

and under that you will be able to find the application for your component.

Regards,

Ashish Shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, it is not possible to run a WD component without an application. I also know that a component can call another component, which could call another component and this was has the application. It´s just that in some pages at runtime I read the parameters in the URL and there´s no application but a URL.

The idea of the transaction using transaction WDYID within the transaction code is not good, especially for the user. It displays a page where one has to enter the application name. It is better to use function WDY_EXECUTE_IN_PLACE. In both cases, we need an application for the component.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

It´s just that in some pages at runtime I read the parameters in the URL and there´s no application but a URL.

Can you give an example of such a URL? It could be that they are using an SICF alias to create a shorter URL.

>The idea of the transaction using transaction WDYID within the transaction code is not good, especially for the user. It displays a page where one has to enter the application name

That is why you are supposed to create a parameter transaction code around WDYID. Then the user never has to fill in the application name, it is loaded directly. Look at transaction code SOAMANAGER for an example.

Former Member
0 Kudos

create a SE93 transaction, and select the last radio button in the transaction type popup.

The application for Webdynpro is WDYID or WDY*, i dont remember it correctly. This program enables to run a webdynpro application as a SAP GUI transaction. In the transaction parameters, do provide the component and application parameters.

Once done, you also need to activate the ICF service as well. (goto SICF, provide application name and activate).

Regards,

S. Verma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jorge,

You could trigger it via portal, a SAP Transaction.

Regards

Anurag Chopra