cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot perform RFC Look UP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When I executed the RFC Look up function in the mapping could see the following error.

"Run time exception when processing target field mapping. Cannot perform RFC Look Up".

I performed the below steps but still could find the same error again:

1.In the test tab of the message mapping I have assined a channel which I configured in the Interface determination of the configuration and also assigned a value to that channel.

2. Has given the values for the parameters in the operation mapping and also the binding is done successfully.

3. The function module I assined is also existing and could test the same for output values for the given input values.

Please help me resolve the error.

Thanks & Regards,

Kumar.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member278111
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

This error occurs due to RFC communication channel failure. Check the server details of SAP system in Receiver RFC communication channel which has configured in ID.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Make sure the following is in place...

1) RFC receiver comm channel is properly configured

2) Parameter is defined and properly binding done. Very Important

3) Go to Adapter Engine and check the communication channel log and see if any error shows in the log.

Refer this link...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8661

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to RWB communication channel logs of RFC and check the logs over there..

If you come across any error logs post the same over here so that some one can help here.

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is the error I could see in the communication channel monitoring of RWB.

"Error in processing caused by: com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.afcommunication.RfcAFWException: error while processing message to remote system:com.sap.aii.adapter.rfc.core.client.RfcClientException: functiontemplate from repository was <null>"

Help me with this error.

Thanks,

Kumar.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check Q16 of this note: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/730870

Confirm that the RFC structure generated by PI is valid

Channel is configured properly

the RFC that you are calling is working properly and is capable of generating a response....check with the ABAP guy if Commit is present for this RFC.