Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query don't appear in BI Connector

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are running SSM 7.5 SP8.

Until now we created several querys to import in bica without problems, but now we have one query that donu2019t appear in bica...

(we activated the option: allow external access to the query)

One detail: In PAS, if I try to connect to the query, donu2019t appear the query details:

Schema> view cube rowset full cube 'ZTR_TRAF/PILOT_TR_040_2'

CATALOG_NAME SCHEMA_NAME CUBE_NAME CUBE_TYPE CUBE_GUID CREATED_ON LAST_SCHEMA_UPDATE SCHEMA_UPDATED_BY LAST_DATA_UPDATE DATA_UPDATED_BY DESCRIPTION IS_DRILLTHROUGH_ENABLED

Schema> end

But if I execute the same command to other query appear the details:

Schema> view cube rowset full cube 'ZTR_TRAF/TR_040'

CATALOG_NAME SCHEMA_NAME CUBE_NAME CUBE_TYPE CUBE_GUID CREATED_ON LAST_SCHEMA_UPDATE SCHEMA_UPDATED_BY LAST_DATA_UPDATE DATA_UPDATED_BY DESCRIPTION IS_DRILLTHROUGH_ENABLED

ZTR_TRAF - ZTR_TRAF/TR_040 CUBE {00390044-0045-00 2005-09-21 15:08:13.000000000 2008-06-25 15:34:48.000000000 TESTE 2011-05-07 20:38:08.000000000 - TESTE 0

What is the problem? What is missing in my query?

Thanks.

Miguel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

I don't have the versions to test on.

I am checking with our BW contact to see if he ran into any issues related to the BW version.

I could not find any documented versions info for BW and BICA.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When you created the second query that does not work, did you edit a working query and rename it when it was saved? I was wondering because the query names are the same with the "_2" added to it.

If you edited a working query, could you test by backing out the changes and saving with a new name and seeing if the query appears in the BICA screen?

In BW does the query that doesn't appear in BICA run when executed?

When you are in the BICA import schema page and you select the button to get cubes and queries , do you have both "cubes" and "queries" selected?

Can you search in BICA for the cube/query by specific technical name or part of the name using wild cards such as an " * "?

Thanks,

Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you created the second query that does not work, did you edit a working query and rename it when it was saved? I was wondering because the query names are the same with the "_2" added to it.

->'ZTR_TRAF/PILOT_TR_040_2' is a copy of 'ZTR_TRAF/TR_040'. The old query 'ZTR_TRAF/TR_040' appears but 'ZTR_TRAF/PILOT_TR_040_2' no!

If you edited a working query, could you test by backing out the changes and saving with a new name and seeing if the query appears in the BICA screen? We try to save with a new name and don't appear.

->I try to save with a new name and don't appear.

In BW does the query that doesn't appear in BICA run when executed?

->Yes.

When you are in the BICA import schema page and you select the button to get cubes and queries , do you have both "cubes" and "queries" selected?

->Yes.

Can you search in BICA for the cube/query by specific technical name or part of the name using wild cards such as an " * "? ->Yes, don't appear.

This problem is happening when BICA connects to the server with:

SAP_ABA Release: 701 SP: 0005

SAP_BASIS Release: 701 SP: 0005

PI_BASIS Release: 701 SP: 0005

ST-PI Release: 2008_1_700 SP: 0000

SAP_BW Release: 701 SP: 0005

BI_CONT Release: 704 SP: 0004

We created the sames query, without problems, in other server with:

SAP_ABA Release: 700 SP: 0017

SAP_BASIS Release: 700 SP: 0017

PI_BASIS Release: 2006_1_700 SP: 0007

SAP_BW Release: 700 SP: 0019