cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error for SAP server connection and MS message queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We recently have installed SAP BPC 7.5 for Netweaver. We followed the SAP guide and everything was working fine.

In server diagnostics, everything was green after installation and even we are able to access Osoft link.

After that we did not use the system at all for couple of weeks.

Now when i open the server manager and execute diagnostics, i am getting these 2 errors i.e.,

SAP server connection - Database connection - Status: Connection error

MS message queue - Queue name - Status: incorrect

Both SAP NW system and BPC 7.5 are installed on the same server.

Kindly help me put in resolving these issues, i am new to BPC enviroment.

Thank you,

Siv.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It would be nice if we get more details on errors, but from the top please check the following to address the issue:

1 . Check the users BPC_SYSADMIN, BPC_ADMIN & BPC_USER is not expried or password changed in the ABAP system

2. Check the table "UJA_SVR_DEFAULT" for users were defined.

3. Check the permission on the MessageQueue, if necessary re-define the queue.

Hope this helps,

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

All the three users are good, i have checked and even successfully logged in with all three.

Also i made the entry int he table and i even got Edit privileges for Server manager at the time of installation, but now i have only the display access even though entries are made in the table.

Permissions are as per the installation guide.

At the time of installationa, everything was configured correctly and all diagnostics were successful. we did not change anything since then.

Also i rebooted the entire server and still the same issue.

Regards,

Siva.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Could you please provide exact error which you seeing in dignostic.

Also please look into below listed SAP notes:

1581659 - BPC Server Diagnostics displays an error that Anonymous Access is incorrect for IIS

1582322 - BPC Server Manager diagnostics showing Database connection and Message Queue problems

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For SAP server connection, it is saying that "Database connection error", but both database and SAP is up and running.

For MS message queue - it is saying "Status incorrect" and Possible reason: "BPC web server or IE proxy can not work".

nothing was changed after the installtion. everything was working fine then.

I am not sure why suddenly these error came up.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also pls. check the windows server ID, you used to install the BPC server, any changes to the ID or is it still part of the Admin group.

Check Webserver log files for any errors.

-Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Can you past the error screen .

I assume you have some problem with IIS.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinstall MSMQ and send us screen of server dignositic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I don't think we can send or post screenshots in sdn, let me know if there is any means by which i can send you the screenshot.

Also will be it ok if i re-install MSMQ, will i be required to re-create the private queue?

Thank you once again for all your help.

Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i understand you cant paste screen atleast you can give details what exact error in which section you getting.

You can reinstall MSMQ.

Pl refer this note 1571910 - IIS Configuration Status Incorrect Error in Server Diagnostic

1582322 - BPC Server Manager diagnostics showing Database connection and Message Queue problems

Just want to know have you installed ASP .NET 2.0 and ?

Waiting for your response.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

ALso pl look into this SAP Note 1288789 - IIS Configuration Errors in BPC Server Manager Diagnostic

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue has been resolved by re-installing BPC server.

Reason was last week as part of windows security patching, a patch was applied on .NET 2.0 Framework. this could have updated the .dlls supporting BPC.

Thank you all.

Regards,

Siv