SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory migration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm new to IS-Oil and i have to prepare the inventory migration from legacy to SAP.

I've already worked with Inventory but on the standard SAP solution, oriented to HU management.

Can you please guide me to the initial steps so that i can prepare the approach to follow. Which transactions should i use?

Many thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain scenario in brief.

If you are migrating inventory to SAP from Legacy it must be a reconcile inventory by monthly or quarterly. SO you can send an inventory by using inbound interface to SAP and there are standard inbound control program which will receive afile from UNIX directory and then run a inventory reconcillation program in SAP to reconcile SAP invenotry. In this case your legacy inventory will be physical inventory and SAP inventory will be book invnetory. system will compare it and post loss/gain.

Thank You

Pravin

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody as an hint how this can be done?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please explain scenario in brief.

If you are migrating inventory to SAP from Legacy it must be a reconcile inventory by monthly or quarterly. SO you can send an inventory by using inbound interface to SAP and there are standard inbound control program which will receive afile from UNIX directory and then run a inventory reconcillation program in SAP to reconcile SAP invenotry. In this case your legacy inventory will be physical inventory and SAP inventory will be book invnetory. system will compare it and post loss/gain.

Thank You

Pravin