cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RZ20 - False Alerts (Archiving & Backup)

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In our Solution Manager (701.7) we're getting sometimes (brarchive) and daily (brbackup) false alerts.

We've setup email notification on alerts, which is working.

Problem 1 (archive):

Primary DB (Oracle 10.2.0.4) log shipping to Shadow DB over scheduled task wich runs hourly (brarchive -s -c -d disk -w)

This job runs without errors on OS (log: BR0003I BRARCHIVE completed successfully) and DB14 shows the run with RC 0000.

But the RZ20 shows only: Run 10.05.2011 12:00:00 aefvufim.sve has been started

It turns not into: Run 10.05.2011 12:00:00 aefvufim.sve terminated successfully - like other systems!

Problem 2 (backup):

Everyday a backup starts at 6 p.m. and finished successfuly at 6:25 p.m..

At 6.17 p.m. we get an email with:

ALERT for TU1  Oracle  Backup status  Last brbackup run at 20110509 181706
YELLOW CCMS alert for monitored object Last brbackup run

In RZ20 the status changed to green at: Run 09.05.2011 18:00:10 befvqnmo.anf terminated successfully, Green 10.05.2011 , 12:17:12

So, what is wrong, or what we have to configure right, to avoid this false alerts!

Thanks for any information.

Best regards,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

that's correct too but we won't green alerts.

We have many servers whose backups runs successfully and we're getting no CCMS mail

because the satellite system (SAP system which runs the backup) sends green alerts.

Otherwise we have a handful servers where the backups runs also successfully and db13 shows everything green.

Only the SolMan shows the job yellow and sends thus CCMS mails.

So you see, everything is fine, but why is the SolMan getting the false alerts?

Do you understand my problem?

Thanks for your answer.

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I get your point. Solman always has yellow alerts in the DB14 screen which it evaluates. As it is not configured to respond to green alerts it would not take into consideration the changed status. The satellite system sends green status and it reflects in the RZ20 screen but no mail is sent. As the CCMS on solman is not configured to check for success messages.

Now could you clarify these points:

1. Do you get any mail when the backup completes successfully from any of the satellite systems?

2. Do you want to get mails when the backup finishes successfully?

3. Do you get mails when the backup starts and only when it fails and not when it completes successfully?

Please let me know these points so that I could understand your problem better.

Regards,

Vishesh Sood

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vishesh,

1. Do you get any mail when the backup completes successfully from any of the satellite systems?

No we don't.

2. Do you want to get mails when the backup finishes successfully?

No we won't.

3. Do you get mails when the backup starts and only when it fails and not when it completes successfully?

Yes, that's what we've configured, and that works but unfortunately not for all systems.

Hope that clears up the misunderstanding..

Thank you!

Regards,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think your auto-reaction (send by email) is set to alert on YELLOW

If you want to ignore such alerts (e.g. if brarchive or brbackup finished with a warning but successful), then set autoreaction method to have parameter

REACT_ON_ALERTS=RED

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Donald and thanks for your reply,

that's true, the reaction is set to alert on yellow.

The whole problem is not getting the 'yellow' emails but why I am getting the yellow emails.

If I check the job after the work is done, it's green and not yellow,

but SolMan sends yellow emails.

So what's here the issue?

The satellite system that sends wrong messages or SolMan that doesn't check the right messages?

Thanks for your support.

Best regards,

Tobias

tobias_ptz
Participant
0 Kudos

Really no one any idea?