cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra Mtrl reservation against Prod order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our client wants to do extra mtrl reservation agnst prod order for for issue mtrls (261 mov type) while doing so from MB21 it is not allowing as order category is std 10 and manual reservation is not possible for this.

Is there any way to do so? how do i can create reservation manually for the same?

kindly assist

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

As said in the earlier post, add the additional material directly in the Process/ Production Order.

Get a program developed to check the Reservations numbers created for Production orders.

AFKO table has the information on Production orders AUFNR and Reservation numbers RSNUM

RESB has the Reservation Number versus components. Pull out all the Production order components from the RESB table without Item id STVKN.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

U can crete just go to MB21 then put plant & movement type '261' .

entering screen u get here field to put Order no.

For it u can also creat refrence from BOM.

else then it u can also incree existing reservation qty by incresing order BOM qty or giving some scrap in component.

Thanks

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In standard SAP it is not possible to create manual reservation for 261 movement type because it is system generated reservation against order quantity.

Better create reservation for 311 movement through MB21 and post extra reservation against the order by MB1C 261 movement it will work for you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its not solving my problem, I need to create extra manual reservation agnst existing prod order,

mov type 311 transfer mtrl from one storage location to other, while i need extra mtrl to get reserve for same prod order

Any suggestion for same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the need is to generate additional reservation for a component in a production order, why not increase the quantity for this component in the production order or add another line for this component with the required qty in the order? This should address your need isn't it ?

As highlighted earlier, in std. SAP system does not allow for manual reservations to be created for production orders.

Hope it clarifies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can make it by only change in Order BOM.

Regards.........Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek / Rakesh,

lets say for exp. I've created prod ord 12345 for FG01 mtrl n for this BOm compnts are RM01 - 5 pc n RM02 - 7pc, for this order reservation get created automatically as per SAP std.

Now due to some reason for this particular transaction our clients want to make another reservation agnst the same order, lets say for compnt RM01 - 2 PC more require, in this case if i increase or change BOM qty will solve my problem temporary but for next order i need to again chng the qty n make it 5 pc for RM01 which is not feasible and not necessary that the require qty amount will remain same every time for other such orders also

Is there any other way to do so? kindly assist.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't know if you read thru' my initial posting & understood the same.

Anyways just to make it clear again, changing of comp. qty. in the order is done when you want the changes to be effective for that order, not for other orders or the new orders which will be created.

If you want to change in qty. to be effective for all new orders, only then you will need to change the BOM. Thereby ensuring all new orders carry the new qty.

I hope it clarifies your query.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

yes i does create a reservation for extra mtrl by adding mtrl in order BOM but with a same reservation no, but our client want to hv differnt reservation no for this, any suggestion to do so?

kindy assist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is not possible in std SAP, u can do one thing that kept BOM same so u can get actual Req qty of a component by viewing BOMfor additional qty go to component component detail & put here Component scrap, with respective %.

but reservation no in this case would be same.

Thanks

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

standard SAP does not allow you to create new reservation number for the same order.

if you want to issue extra materials (may be same components) you can add them directly in the respective production order as different line items with different qty and process order in normal way.

If you want to track which all components are added extra and in which orders, then you can build a simple SAP query to generate a report. (for any item added extra directly in the production order such items does not have BOM item ID)

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnks for your info, our client wann track this extra additional mtrls, so can u plz give me in detail how i can build an SAP query for the same?

kindly assist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please ask you ABAPer to develop query (SQVI) with table join (RESB and AUFK tables)

The field which identifies BOM item id will be RESB-STLKN.

If this field is "blank" for a component then you can be sure that the material is NOT copied from the standard BOM but added externally and directly in to the production order.

You can select initial selection criteria as per your req. viz. production order, plant, material, etc.

Make sure order category selected is 10 (from AUFK table) and RESB-STLKN selected as blank in your initial screen.

Please try and give your feedback

Pavan

Edited by: Pavanakumar on May 16, 2011 3:53 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I read thru' this posting, it appears your client needs is changing or your client is not exactly clear on their need.

It would really help if you put across what exactly does your client need, is the need to drive additional demands or is it to have something fancy like different reservation numbers which actually does not impact the operations but is a system generated nos.

I just wonder what benefit if any or what business need is being to tied to the reservation nos.?

Even if the need is to have something like that, a reservation nos. (RESB-RSNUM) in itself does not exist, but goes in tandem with Item (RESB-RSPOS).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The need is to keep a track of additional mtrl's require for any operation for the orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that is the need, then the solution has been provided.

If you read the inputs from Mr. Sriramachandra he points you in the direction which you should be looking at addressing the issue. In addition to that RSNUM & RSPOS in combination should provide all the info. you may need to meet this need.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I knw and I'm working as per above given msg's only with my ABAPer team, once we built a query to satisfy needs without any problem then I'll close this thread.

Thanks for the support from all.