cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Checking data in data source and info object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am a functional consultant and I am not much aware of the BI/BW systems. I was reading sap help and it mentions that the data is stored in data source and info objects.

For example data source is 2LIS_17_I3HDR u2013 Maintenance order and some of the objects are 0COORD_TYPE

Order type and 0PM_ORDER Order Number.

How can check the data stored in this data source and info objects in the BI system.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you do a Manage, a screen - Request for the PSA would be displayed. Are you able to see any request? There should be a request available, with details like SID of the Request, InfoPackage , Request, Loading Date, etc.

If there is a request available, just select the request (go to extreme left of the screen, and do a click. u would see if the request is selected). After you do a select, click on PSA maintenance. You should be able to see the screen then.

Regards,

Tanushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Tanushree,

Thanks you very much. My query is resolved.

I have also give you points.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it giving you message - No PSA Found ?

If yes can you please check the Monitor request status of your request ? You can manually change the status to green and then check the records.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanushree,

Thing is there is no activity happening or screen opening after I click the PSA maintenance button.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To check data in a data-source, Right Click and goto manage tab. Then you will see the request. Select the request for which you want to see data. Then click on PSA Maintenance button, just besides the Delete Button. Then you will see the PSA Maintenace Screen, giving the deatils for the no. of records. Do a Continue (Enter) and you will be able to see the data.

Regards,

Tanushree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanushree,

After clicking the PSA Maintenace Screen, it is not opening up any other screen where in I can give the details as mentioned by you. What can be the possible problem?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

For checking data in the info object and data sources login to BI syatem and execute t-code RSA1. There you will find various buttons - modelling,Administration,Transport Connection etc. Click on modelling and it will open new tabs - Info provider,Info objects,Infosources,data sources.

Go to info provider tab and search for the master data info object for which you want to see the data. Then right click on the object and select display data from context menu.

For seeing data of data source select data sources tab and select the required data source. Right Click on the data source and select manage from context menu. Then you will be able to see the data requests for the data source. These requests contain the data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Namrata,

This is regarding

For seeing data of data source select data sources tab and select the required data source. Right Click on the data source and select manage from context menu. Then you will be able to see the data requests for the data source. These requests contain the data

I managed to go till select manage and then I am able to see the data requests for data source. How can I check the data contained in them.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Select required request(s)

2. Click on icon next to delete button at bottom left

3. Specifty the number of records you want to view and apply filters (if required)

4. Click on execute button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nikhil,

I clicked on icon next to delete button at bottom left RSA maintenance, but I am not getting any popup to specify the number of records. Please help.

Regards,

Narendra Bora

Former Member
0 Kudos

For InfoObjects, go to RSD1, enter name of the InfoObject and click on display. Go to tab called Master Data / Texts and double click on required table. From next screen you can view the contents.

For datasource, go to RSA1, within that tab for Datasources and browse to your datasource. Right Click and select manage. Next select specific request to view its data.