Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF Scanner reading storage bins in 3PL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts ,

Please help me out in resolving the below requirement

It is a third party warehouse where they are having there own storage bin naming convention as 16 digits as WP-01-16-05-B-01 , as per SAP standard the storage bin characters of 10 digits is allowed so the customer has given a relaxation to maintain 9 didgits as 011605B01 by removing WP and hyphen. So the exact requirement is RF scanner has to read 16 digits and should display the 16 digits in the scanner but the SAP should consider only 9 digits as mentioned above . So please check and help me out with your possible solutions .

Thanks and regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There is two options available to achive your requirement.

Option 1. While scanning it self you can eleminate the WP and hyphen by setting rules in the scanner gun, in that way you will get only 9 digits in the scanner screen and it can be updated in SAP

Option 2. After sanning the entire Bin 16 digits bin number, whil confirming to update the bin number in SAP, at program level elemintate the WP and hyphen and update in SAP

Regards,

Madhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for your repsonse ,

Can you please tell me what are the user exits /BADI's can be used to perform this change . Your reply would be highly appreciated .

Thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sunil

MWMTO002 Update own data after TO confirmation user exit may sutable, but see some more user exist for your reference.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/56/1939516e36d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Thanks,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You just have to enhance your logic on the verification field on you RF screen. Once the user scans the bin, there are user exits /BADIs available to verify the scanned value against SAP suggest value. So in the code you have to strip off the hiphens and then verify the value.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod Madhanu.