cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using WS adapter on inbound side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I need to use the WS adapter for the first time so I'd like to ask you about the development process. With proxy classes I have created an inboud interface, generated proxy and developed the pocessing abap code on ECC. How should I proceed with WS adapter?

Because I can not see the interfaces developed on PI from ECC.

Thanks for your help. Andrzej

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you choose WS adapter instead of SOAP? Do you have any reason for it? Is it business requirement?

WS Adapter is used to connect two SAP Systems Web service runtime using Direct connection. Also It supports many standard features of web service like WS Reliable messaging and so.

Since you are already using Proxy adapter on the target side. You can try using SOAP adapter on the sender for hosting the web service. SOAP adapter support all the Web service related functionalities too. You can use SOAP adapter between SAP and NON SAP systems .

Sender SOAP service: Design as usual. After creating SOAP sender adapter in ID and configuring all the objects, create WSDL and provide to sender system. Sender system will use your sender adapter to push web service messages. PI receives from sender soap adapter and delegates the message to the target proxy objects via proxy adapter. ECC side you already configured. That's it.

Refer this link for SOAP

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/3555240bea31c3e10000000a42189d/content.htm

If you need details about WS adapter ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/45/37d73b80554c2ce10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

this is a technical requirement. We have one ECC system whoch is connected to PI-1 using proxies. But at the same time this ECC must be connected to PI-2. So PI1 will be using proxy runtime, with PI2 WS runtime.

Direct connection is used to connect 2 SAP Systems, I have a SOAP->PI->ECC scenario.

Thanks, Andrzej

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So, You already implemented PI one to ECC using Soap to proxy. Now you are trying to connect PI two to ECC using WS adapter. IS that right? Follow the link I provided. The other way of connecting is via integration server. YOu might want to try connecting WS Adapter(sits on Integration server) on the PI Side to ECC (integration server).

I did not work on this. But conceptually that is possible. You can try that way. Hope that helps.

maciej_jarecki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

To use Direvt conection

Remember to be able to use WS adapter you need PI 7.1 and on ecc side Abap 7.0 SP14.

I usually configurate it manualy in soamanager

/people/bv.pillai/blog/2008/01/27/new-service-definitions-in-the-abap-development-environment-soamanager-150-sap-nw-70-sp14

Kind Regards

Maciej

Answers (0)