cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

webi report detail suppression

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

want to suppress detail in a webi report and show only summary values on break.

some ideas pls.

Thanks

Regards

Ritu Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can try this

Insert coumn with object you want. Apply break. In the brack propert just check "Show break footer".

Now insert another black column. Copy the break footer value in the footer of the blank column.

Hide the main column which you dont want to display.

Hope this what you are looking out for.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks but its not so simple you preassumed

There are lot of buckets(columns) for the detail(viz partywise) or rows of details

and break is put on staff(nos of parties belongs to a staff).

so on the break cols values are summarized

the problem is that the values in the bucket itself are calculated in formulas at the report level.

so can we use context calculation using context operators?

thats also done but values got change in summarization on staff break once parties got removed from report.

my only condition is that the values summarized should not change if details removed from report.

so i am looking for hiding of detail..

Regards

ritu raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu Raj,

You may be able to use a formula like "ForEach" in your summary/footer cells and not have to include the detail. Also, you could make the detail cells as small as possible (2 pixels or whatever) and make the font white, so that they are in effect "hidden". I have had success with that before.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have tried that let me check once again using "foreach"

Thanks

Regards

Ritu Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all

Yes Calculation context is perfectly working on breaks aggregation to suppress details using context operators.

Thanks again.

Regards

Ritu Raj

Edited by: rituraj71 on May 13, 2011 6:56 AM

former_member192236
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritu Raj,

Could you please mention here the exact formula expression you used for ForEach in your context(with the operands like staff,party..)

Regards,

Kesavan.