cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

language import on ECC 6.0 EHP4 ready after EHP4 implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

I have installed EHP4 on my ECC to the level 8. Now a customer asked to install an additional language.

I have installed the language and even supplemented it. I was trying to use the special action in SMLT in order to apply the texts for the language but despite the files are all in EPS/in the system does not recognize the PAT files for those support packages:

SAPKE60064

SAPKGPHD64

I have tried to give the path of the SAR files and the traffic lighe turns into green but when I try to import it gives the error 40.

I have tried even to apply a new kernel, new SAPCAR but no success.

I'm stuck in importing the text of those packages.

Someone of you knows how to overcome the problem?

regards

Edited by: Kir Sam on May 10, 2011 11:13 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

janos_czettler
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have got same problem during import of a new language, in step Import of support packages as part of language. import.

There is a note:

Note 195442 - Language import and Support Packages

This note says about Error 40:

####

Error when you disassemble the PAT file:

40: The extracted PAT file does not contain the transport request you expected.

Caution: Use the SAPCAR tool to access CAR files. 'SAPCAR' succeeds 'CAR', which still exists. Problems may occur at this point since 'SAPCAR' is not downward-compatible to 'CAR' in every respect. We recommend that you move the 'SAPCAR' tool temporarily for this process from the kernel directory to another position in the file system. Therefore, the system reverts to the 'CAR' tool, so this error should not occur again as a result. SAP is aware of this problem and it will be corrected in the next SPAM update.

####

But it doesn't help for me, so I gave up an OSS message, then I waiting the result...

Bye

Janos

Edited by: Janos Czettler on Jan 20, 2012 9:08 AM

0 Kudos

Hello community,

this SAP Notes could solve your problem:

SAP Note 1588481 - OCS import cannot find PAT file

Valerio

PS: Please remember to give points if useful

Former Member
0 Kudos

After what simply worked was the upload of files ranning transaction SPAM.  It seems that the procedure is trying to uncar the files even if they are disassembled. Running SPAM let know the system they are unzipped already

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
SAPKE60064
SAPKGPHD64

Are these Support packs or language packs??

If this is a support packs the above said file will not be supported as after EHP4 it will support file SAPKE604xxx . So please download EHP4 specific support pack from marketplace and then only you wil be able to apply it in your system.

Thanks..

Mohit

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If this is a support packs the above said file will not be supported as after EHP4 it will support file SAPKE604xxx .

This is not completely true. The "import langauge specific part of support packages" needs sometimes 'older' packages before it can apply the latest parts of the new SPs.

We had a likewise problem and needed to have all 534 support packages for all components starting from 600 to 604 present to be able to apply the language specific parts for EHP4.

I'd open an OSS call and ask support for assistance, this can be tricky.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

When I gave the SAR files the traffic light went to green. But after I received the error 40 during disassamble of PAT files.

Only those two packages gave this error. For the other one the system recognized the files under EPS/in and installled the missing text

I have "solved" restoring the database to the time before EHP4 implementation and installing the language and, after that rerun the EHPI installer.

The language is completely green under the special action even for the two HR support packages.

I understand it's not a solution but it seems something I could not easily overcome.

Any suggestion for the other who could face this kind of problem?

Edited by: Kir Sam on May 11, 2011 3:35 PM

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I have tried to give the path of the SAR files and the traffic lighe turns into green but when I try to import it gives the error 40.

...and what is the actual error message?

Markus