cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table filtering (non user controlled)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to filter certain rows of a table depending on the value assumed from the row in a specified column.

E.g.: Hide all the rows which have the value IsCompleted not null.

I'm receiving a table from the SAP backend and I need to make an interface that allows an user to see only uncompleted elements, only completed elements or both (the choice is made via a set of radiobuttons). So I thought of doing a dynamic table filtering.

Is this a feasible way? Can someone suggest me how to do it?

Of course my goal is to filter the elements on the RFC output node and not to have to copy the values on another node.

Thank you,

Pietro

Edited by: pietro.m on May 10, 2011 10:14 AM

Edited by: pietro.m on May 10, 2011 10:14 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

Isn't it possible to simply call your RFC with a filter argument, which gets called for each radiobutton selection?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

yes this is of course possible. I only wanted to know if there is a way to apply a filter dynamically and so to avoid calling the backend every time the user changes its selection on the radiobutton.

Thank you,

Pietro

Qualiture
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

You could of course trigger the onFilter event programatically, setting the column filter value and thus filtering out your rows.

But I'm afraid you will have the 'filter row' visible in your table UI as well then...

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, I see...

So if there's no way to not show the filter row, I think this strategy is useless. I'll add a parameter to the RFC.

Thank you again,

Pietro