cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service desk: Hide links (queries) in the work center view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we are using the service desk towards our customers.

Basically we have to sets of roles: one for consultants (ourselves) and one for our customers.

Our customers are entering the service desk through a web-interface.

If the consultants enters the web-interface, they can see reports and queries to the left, and they can open and edit tickets.

If the customers enters the web-interface, they cannot see queries and reports in the left navigation bar, and they can not open and edit tickets.

Now we need a third possibility:

A customer need to open and edit tickets, but they should not be allowed to define (or even execute) queries.

Because when they can define queries, they get access to see all other customers tickets. And that is not good.

How to obtain this?

Thanks a lot in advance.

/ peter

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jon_friesen2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I haven't tried this but I think you might be able to disable access to the queries by revoking authorization object CA_POWL.

You will still have some other challenges, though, because even if a user cannot use queries, they can still try to guess a ticket number in the "fast display" dialog. We recently addressed this in our own Service Provider scenario by implementing BAdI CRM_ORDER_AUTH_CHECK to create a "privacy screen" to isolate users from viewing the tickets of other Sold-To's.

Jon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Per standard design, the customer should be able to see additional buttons on the IM Workcenter like Reply, Confirm, and Attachment, which your consultant role would not see. Your customers should be able to update the tickets using these buttons from the workcenter itself.

Make sure to add the auth object CRM_TXT_ID for Text IDs SU01 and SU99. Make sure Text ID SU15 is not available as part of this object for your customers.

Cheers,

P

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi P,

thanks a lot for you comment.

the thing is, that I need SU15 for this customer. Or some copy of it.

Because this customer needs to be able to assign/change business partners. Change priority.

They need something in between the standard key user and the standard consultant user.

But both possibility to open tickets and queries in the left navigation bar are maintained in SU15.

We want the possibility to open and maintain tickets, but not being able to create queries.

Problem is, if they can create queries, then they can see all tickets from all other customers.....

/ peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Based on your comments, I take it that you may not implementing a formal first level support who can perform these tasks as recommended by solman standard. If you are, your customer can request reassignment using their reply option, and the support tech performs the task. You can implement some sort of email notification process to inform the new BP.

Alternatively, I can suggest two modifications if you have a developer at your disposal:

1) in your solution manager system, clone the incident create web dynpro to ensure population of the required fields to the customer and to suit your requirement. Here you can also remove the SU15 text id checks.

2) in your satellite system, modify the function group which triggers the create incident process and have it launch the cloned web dynpro above.

My apologies, I don't have access to a solman system immediately to give you the exact object names for the above suggestions.

Cheers,

P