cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sap Script Print Problem Using Dot matrix Printer..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have done the Vendor cheque payment printing program using the sap script. While I am taking the printout it is working fine. They correctly print at the exact place.

The problem we face is, while using the DOT matrix printer and when it is printed continuously, using the t.code f-58 we print the vendor payment. For first vendor it is printing properly / correctly.

After that using the same t.code when we print for other vendor's, then we get the problem. While printing the top margin moves up by 1 inch (going up) and

after that all print outs are misaligned. We get this printing problem while the paper is feed into the printer continuously. Can any one please tell me how to solve this problem..

anything wrong in the page format or is it a printer setting problem? Kindly suggest me.

Regards,

Dhina..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See also the thread:

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I am using the standard page format DINA4. I have the original copy for cheque document. I measure the page Height : 30.4 CM and Width : 23 CM in scale. it is suitable for the current page format.

If is not i want to create the custom page format may i right. if i created custom page format i want to assign the format to device type. While assign the custom page format to Device Type SAPWIN they asking

Printer initialization

Reset after exit

Cover page

First Page

Start of even page

Start of odd page

Start of page

End of first page

End of even page

End of odd page

End of page

Start of line on an even page

Start of line on an odd page

Start of line

End of line on an even page

End of line on odd page

End of line

These think what can i mansion here. Actually my BASIS team is not here they went to client side. I have the full authorization

in my login. Please suggest me..

Regards,

Dhina..

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If ypu create a custom page format in a windows device type like SAPWIN, then there is no need to enter commands into the printer initialization section. For actions End of page and End of line, you need to enter /f and /n. Check the entries in the standard format DINA4. They need to be the same.

When you create a custom page format with SAPWIN, no command is sent to the printer. In this case the default page format in windows for the printer is used. So you need to set the custom page size for the printer as default at windows level. The following SAP note describes how to create a page format at windows level and assign as the default for your printer:

163136 - Creating new paper size for Windows NT/2000/XP/2003

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

i created the new page format copy of (DINA4) changed the height and width and do check printing still the same problem is coming and i apply the snote 163136 do the check printing still the same problem is coming.

Can you tell me how to solve this?

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per cheque width and length I create new page format using SPAD transaction code and define new page in EPESCP9 device type but at the time printing after print one cheque full page was skip and for this control write following code insite the page format ( in Printer Initialization line) as below

i copied the code from INCH12 page format. its working perfectly.

1. reset

\e\0x40

1. select US-ASCII character set

\e\0x52\0x00

1. set line spacing 6 LPI

\e\0x32

1. set page length to 12 inch (=72 lines at 6 LPI)

\e\0x43\0x48

1. cancel bottom margin

\e\0x4F

1. set left margin to 0

\e\0x6C\0x00

1. select LQ quality

\e\0x78\0x01

1. select non-proportional spacing

\e\0x70\0x00

After copy the code and and save the page format I was print the cheque page skipping problem was solved but the font will be displayed big size so the alignment also changed.

Please advice me what will we do for ignore my problem.

Regards,

Dhina..

Edited by: Dhina DMD on May 17, 2011 9:46 AM

Edited by: Dhina DMD on May 17, 2011 9:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

In my client using FX-2175 Dot matrix printer for EPSON.

Previously they are using Device type SWIN that time the Page skipping problem will raised.

Then I changed the device type EPESCP9 that time the page skipping problem will resolved but the font will be displayed

big size so the alignment changed.

so , i want to change the font size in paragraph format? that is not advisable right?

how can i solve this Please give some advise abt that..

Thanks & Regards,

Dhina..

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dhina,

You mention that when yu changed the device type to EPESCP9, the font size changed. This is probably because only font COURIER and LNPRINT are supported by EPESCP9 and only certain font sizes . See SE73 -> Printer Fonts -> EPESCP9. So a substitute font and size are used.

So it may help to reduce the font size t match a size that is supported by EPESCP9. Also, as I mentioned, it should work to create a windows page format and assisgn it as default to the printer at windows level.

Regards,

Aidan

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I change the windows position,reduce some tabs space and i solve the issue. Thanks Aidan.

Regards,

Dhina..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its a printer setting problem . we need take care to put the paper correctly in dot matrxi printer.

Regards,

Syerra.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addition to the custom page format with the correct page height, it is probably necessary to change the commands sent to the printer for the page height in the printer initialization of the page format within the device type.

SPAD -> Full Admin -> Device Types -> <Device Type> -> Formats -> <Format> -> Printer Initialization

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the page size and page format is same as the size of the cheque.

Also ask your basis team to check the output device settings in SPAD. OUtput device->click on ur printer device and choose from Menu Goto->Device Type and there click on "Format " button to see various page formats and its lenght.

Regards,

Harish